Last updated March 2020
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Registering an account on the Site in order to save and process a funeral quote
- Filling out forms related to the funeral process
- Providing other information verbally, through text or email message related to the funeral process
- Posting a comment through the website
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From coroners, registrars, GPs or other related services providing information in relation to the funeral process
- From our service providers providing information related to the funeral process
This data may include personally identifiable information related to you or the person who has died, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number; demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests; and other information directly related to the funeral process. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Contact you to discuss your requested funeral services
- Provide requested funeral services for the person who has died
- Create and manage your account
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- To retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive
- Notify you of updates to the Site
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including carriage master services, mortuary service providers, funeral staffing providers, payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site] in perpetuity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Provide you with a customized site experience with relevant content for your geographical area
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage your cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details below
(b) We have a legitimate interest – we have a legitimate interest to process your data in order to provide requested funeral services
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
In Memory Of Life Funeral Directors
44 Landcroft Road
0203 389 8362